Monday, December 26, 2011

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt - Why They're Still Going Strong!

Credit: MATRIX/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
In the almost two year history of the Platinum Girl Celebrity Blog, I haven't touched "Brangelina" because it's a highly emotional topic for women. I'm always being asked, though, whether Angelina is a Rules Girl as defined by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider. My answer is, unequivocally, "yes."

Note -- I'm not "Team Jolie" or "Team Aniston." I am "Team Rules" (trust me, I know how corny that sounds). What I mean is that I am "Team" whatever works in getting and keeping a guy while keeping a woman's self-esteem. To date, the best answer for this, in my mind, is The Rules.

I ask that my readers put their personal feelings about Angelina and Jen aside and read the rest of this post under the purview of The Rules.


Let's do some Q & A about Angelina.

Question: Is Angelina mysterious?
Answer: Yes. Being mysterious is the essence of The Rules.

Question: Did Angelina play hard-to-get?
Answer: Yes. Brad completely and entirely pursued her.

Question: Have we ever heard of Angelina talking to the press about Jen?
Answer: No. She has never said a word.

Question: Does Angelina live her life independently of Brad?
Answer: Yes. She is always being featured doing something humanitarian.

Question: Does Angelina do The Rules for Marriage?
Answer: Yes. The press consistently photos her traveling with her brood. She is an utterly devoted mother.

I knew all of this about her even before Brad Pitt's interview with Parade today where he admitted that he was bored with Jen and thrilled with Angelina. Now, Brad didn't need to say all that he did about his marriage to Jen which I won't cover here for brevity. With that said, the topic at hand is whether Angelina is Rules and if Brad is going to stay. From all accounts, again, the answer is "yes."

On March 25, 2011, I posted the same photo that I used for this blog post on my Facebook page and said that Brad was never going anywhere. Look at how he's looking at her! You can feel it that he's crazy about her. His body language is intense and hers is somewhat dismissive, as if there's something more interesting going on somewhere else. If anyone leaves, it will be Angelina.

I don't believe a person can be stolen from a relationship. As such, Angelina didn't steal Brad from Jen any more so than Jen stole Justin from Heidi. Even if you're married, you don't own someone. Thus, there is no such thing as stealing. While I'd be highly upset if I lost my husband to another woman, I don't see myself crying foul and shaking an accusatory finger at her for being a thief. The dark truth I'd have to admit to myself is that he wasn't happy with me.

If we believe in The Rules and the overarching premise of a man sees a woman and must have her, then Brad going after Angie was inevitable. He was done once he saw her on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Ultimately, it all ended for the better. Brad found a woman he wanted. Angie found a man she wanted. Jen rid herself of a man who didn't want her. And, as Ellen would say, "everyone kept their mansions."

No comments:

Post a Comment