Wednesday, December 14, 2011

James Harrison



I meant to post this a few days ago, but it totally slipped my mind. Recently, James Harrison of the Pittsburgh Steelers made a series of controversial comments in an interview for the August edition of Men's Journal. I'm pretty sure that most people have already seen the explosive comments, but if not, I got you covered right here!

In regards to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Harrison had this to say...

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him."
(Harrison also describes Goodell as a 'crook' and a 'devil'.)

If you thought that was bad enough....there's ALWAYS MORE! Harrison also has some words for two teammates.

Here's what he said about quarterback Ben Roethlisberger..


"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

He also called out running back Rashard Mendenhall as a "fumble machine" .

Now..I don't have a problem with Harrison dissing Goodell at all. I think that he (Harrison) could have used better language though. Roger Goodell hasn't exactly been a player favorite during his time in office. In fact, all I can remember him doing is taking money out of players wallets. Harrison most likely lead the league in times fined last season.

I certainly do not give him a pass for his comments about Ben and Rashard. Sure they may have made their mistakes, but it is not fair that that the loss on them in the Super Bowl. I checked the defensive stats for James Harrison from the Super Bowl and the reusults shocked me. Big Bad James Harrison had a grand total o 1 tackle. He has no reason to talk trash about ANYONE after he only had one tackle..

No comments:

Post a Comment